Butler Veterinary Associates is a full service small animal hospital, capable of handling most medical or surgical problems. In addition to routine wellness care, we offer hospitalization, diagnostic blood testing, EKGs, ultrasound, routine and specialized radiographic procedures, and the latest microchip pet identification. Our surgery suite is well staffed and equipped.
The doctors and staff at BVA are dedicated to providing the best medical care possible for your pet. We provide a wide variety of diagnostic tools to help accurately diagnose each individual patient and provide appropriate care.
- Complete head to toe exam for each and every patient
- In hospital Abaxis and Idexx chemistry analyzers, Idexx Procyte CBC, Coagulation panels, and urinalysis.
- Hospitalization ward for patients that need to stay for more advanced care
- Isolation ward to house patients that are considered contagious and protect all others that enter the hospital
- Double dental and surgical suites
- Access to multiple outside laboratories to perform more specialized testing not available on the in-house machines
- Daily doctor rounds to review and consult on cases
- Good rapport with multiple referral centers that we can consult with or refer for more specialized testing and care
Digital radiology is provided for better quality radiographs and quick capture of the images.
We also offer imaging by ultrasound in addition to radiography. We have several doctors that are skilled in abdominal ultrasound and all are trained in emergency quick scan medicine.
Our hospital recommends pre-anesthetic bloodwork to assure the safety of your pet during surgery. Modern gas inhalation anesthesia, along with both respiratory and cardiac monitoring equipment are used to ensure the safety of your pet.
Our doctors and technicians make anesthesia as safe as possible by selecting the best combination of anesthetic drugs for each individual patient. Any patients undergoing anesthesia are highly encouraged to have IV fluids and all pets designated CPR will have an IV port provided for any emergency medicine.
Soft Tissue Surgery
In addition to spay and neuter surgeries, we offer many surgeries not commonly undertaken by some general veterinary practices. These include, but are not limited to, bladder stone removal, removal of objects form the GI tract, intestinal resection and anastamosis, splenectomy (removal of the spleen), nephrectomy (removal of a kidney), all types of hernia repair (umbilical, inguinal, perineal, diaphragmatic), tumor removals, ear surgery and eye surgery.
We can repair many but not all broken bones through the use of internal fixation (bone pins and wires) and external fixation (cross pins clamped to an external bar). We also perform many joint stabilization surgeries such as cruciate repair by tightrope fixation. We also do other types of hip and stifle (knee) surgeries.